If you ever been to one of those somewhat fancy restaurants and ordered Bang Bang Shrimps, you are going to love this dish as a main attraction on the dinner table. And for those who are having a problem with wheat, I am making this one gluten free with one easy step. Rice pasta.
I am also removing the mayo and replacing it with plain Greek yogurt. This makes the dish lighter and I like to think healthier. Although it may look like a lot of steps and ingredient this is a rather easy mid-week meal. A lot of the ingredients should be in your freezer or pantry or there should be an easy substitution. For example, some recipes ask for specific brands which throws some people off when it comes to reproducing a recipe. I prefer you use any sweet chili sauce or how about Ketchup or tomato paste with chili powder, or mix cumin and cayenne to taste. And if you do not have Sriracha in your pantry try using hot sauce. There are plenty of hot sauces out there to use (Tapatio, Tabasco and Texas Pete etc.).
Also, this does not have to be a gluten free recipe. Go ahead, use your favorite pasta. Any size or shape and the dish will still be good and you have just made it your very own.
• 16 ounces rice spaghetti
• 16 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, (optional)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon with MSS
FOR THE SAUCE
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
• 4 cloves garlic, pressed/smashed
• Juice of a lime,
• 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
• Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together yogurt, sweet chili sauce, garlic, lime juice, Sriracha and red pepper flakes; and place in the fridge
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta to an al dente texture.
4. Place shrimp onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, MSS and gently toss to combine. Place into oven and roast just until pink, approximately 6-8 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, mix the shrimps and yogurt mixture. Gently toss into the pasta.
6. Serve immediately.